Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The rise



I was there, in a small arcade, wondering how to make my way into life . I must foremost thank all the guys that hung there just for their presence. It was fun for a long time, but I had to get out of there soon.

It's not exactly the job that offers rich perspective. I was in the video games alright, but not exactly where I had hoped. After completing my 3D school, and knocking at every door, I was tempted to give up, and I honestly did.

So I stayed there grinding my teeth, wondering where I was going.

There was this guy that came often at the arcade , and we played 3rd Strike together. He would come up on his way to school and we'd talk for awhile.

I one day showed him my drawings, and he liked them. At the time, he was in a big company, but they canned their project at the very end while the game was ready to be released.

A shame really. Richard, because that's his name, told me about their new company.

He and some of the crew had banded to create a game on their own. A team of 18. Very small for today's standards. But they were brave and focused.

They were at the stage where they needed testers.

I was taken, all thanks to Rich. I'll never thank you enough man!

There at Neo-cell, I got all the experience I needed to take off in my career.

There were only amazing guys there, I realized. I'll tell you all about them later.

The drawing there is from Rock-Ray. (Viv)
I really look up to him. I'll tell you a lot about him too. In time. There is a lot to say. All good stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vivian R. said...

C'mon Louis, no need to call me Mr. Rocray!!!!!! Just Viv or Vivian!!! hihihi... But hey, thanks alot for the intro... I'm looking foward to see wath ya gonna do with my stuff!!!!!

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Bluemonarch said...

I am glad they found you cuz thats how we met, ur a very cool guy and very talented. As for Viv, I totally agree with u 2. He kix a lot. You both r very awesome guys, very generous, kind, compassionate, talented, etc. An the whole crew @ Neocell rocked as well ;)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home