Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Seer

Here is a depiction of the notorious Alex D.
No, he's not a Intel Fanboy, but there seems to be something about those stickers.
Is it the logo? The glue? The color? Or the substance underneath?
Apparently, it was a very long Lan, and the poor guy was tired from playing.
He's standing near Mars (the god of war) I like the implicit analogy filled with irony.
Sorry Alex, but your face is not that of a warrior on the picture even though you had probably killed a lot via Warcaft that night.


I'm feverishly witing for Disgea 2.
If only there also was a promise that a sequel to Stella Deus would come out.
Astouding game. I reckon, it might be the best tactical turn based RPG released on PS2.
It required advance tactics and true skill.
I also reckon Shin Megami Tensai Digital Devil Saga to have been great (and Nocturne), but their style is different.
I also loved Phantom Brave for their abusive customization system that allowed exploits that would bring your characters to level 9999 in no time, and power beyond power. 18 000 000 damage per strike from a character level one.
If ever you want to know how you get there, just ask.

I endow myself with the powers of a divinator to tell you this.

Prophesize part one.

Alan Wake will be a good game to get for the Silent Hill fans.
DMC 4 will be like euh, like a DMC
Dark Cloud 3 was canned and will never come out. (sadness and dismay)
God Hand will launch the comedy beat them up type. ( this reminds me of Fist of The North star nonetheless)
A Silent Hill 5 will come out.
I will buy Ninety Nine nights. (100%)
There will be a Golden Axe 3D version. (hehe, you know too?)
A Bionic Commando 3D will come out. (I don't see why not)
Ikaruga might have been one of the last good top down shooter.
3Rd Strike tournaments will take place still ten years from now.
Capcom will never come up with a 2D fighter again. (the one they announced? you'll see...pfff)
Capcom versus Namco will get (or has been) canned. It's not normal we haven't heard of it since
last year.

Are there other prophecies I should announce here? What do you anxiously expect too?
Tell me what to add on the list.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Gregory Belacel said...

Well, I find it interesting that your saying that Alan Wake will be good for the fan of Silent Hill, especially since in a previous post, you were saying that japanese game were supperior to American/European games ;). The question is, will Alan Wake be a American/Europe Silent Hill reap off? Is it gonna be better than Silent Hill? Will people who like Silent Hill, and it's japanses approach to horror, be interested in Alan Wake? Time to use your divination power to anwser these question my friend.

As for the other prediction, well, I might post a comment later. Right now, it's time to test cell phone games :s

4:59 AM  
Blogger Genotzarr said...

Well, I don't see Alan Wake being a Silent Hill rip off.
Of course, it will all depend on how it plays. (We haven't seen a tiny bit of gameplay).
The setting reminded me of Lovecraft and his stories in a New England setting.
Which I liked.
As for the Japanese horror approach ,well, it is getting better known moviewise, as well as gamewise.
It would be nice to have a real western horror/suspence for once.
For once, because I don't recall Europ nor US to be making scary games other than...well, notjing comes to mind.
As for the comparison, I still stand by what I said.
Japanese games are superior.
let's take a look in the horror genre.
Japanese games left, American right

Fatal Frame / Fistfull of Boomstick
Clock Tower / The suffering
Silent Hill / The Thing
Resident Evil / Alone In The Dark
Siren / Nocturne

I could keep going, but the point is already made.

6:36 AM  
Blogger sofy said...

I wanna try Alan Wake too!
Alan Wake > Silent Hill ?
That I ain't too sure...
We shall see da truth!

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Gregory Belacel said...

Well, I am sorry but Alone in the dark (especially the first one) was nothing short than a revolution. It creat the action-adventure-horror genre. Resident Evil was more popular because it was release on Playstation. But Alone in the dark was the first and was ahead of his time. So you should give some merit to the game.

As for Alan Wake, well I am pretting sure that it's gonna be great and more emotinaly engaging than Silent Hill. Remedy Entertainment made Max Payne before, a game with a dark, gritty and very emotional and deep storyline, even if it's a shooter. When people are simply puzzle by Silent Hill mood and storyline, and expect Alan Wake to go deeper, touching theme such as reality vs sanity, and having a storyline that everybody will be able to enjoy and understand, making the game more accessible than Silent Hill.

And yes, I agree that it remind of Lovecraft, although the town remind me of Twin Peaks, which was an inspiration for the game I think.

No, I just can't wait to lear more about the gameplay is gonna be.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Genotzarr said...

Excellent comments Greg, thank you.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Fred said...

btw, Capcom vs Namco ended up being an rpg. It actually came out only in the Asian Markets......at the annoucement of the game, people thought it would be a fighter, but it ended up being something else much to the dismay of many fans of the sf genre.


Also,I will attest to Louis' addiction to tactical rpg (if that how their actually called).

Makai Kingdom....nuff said arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
dfhnjhjgsjngjkasnjngnsjlkqogenbsjnbjgkaslhnjlgksjlkanjlkngfglkag

Heaven or Hell!! Lets Rock!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Easter Eggy said...

Hi i guess u saw my blog already..and not many people would do such stuff like u did..
actually I feel that ur blog is nice with the pictures u express urself well...

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home